New Years Eve DIY Fun
Reuse some of those leftover Christmas items to create some New Years Eve DIY fun. From wrapping paper rolls to Christmas cards, you can have a great New Years Eve party without breaking the bank.
Traditions for the New Year
New Years Eve traditions are important no matter what country you live in. Check out some of the fun traditions from around the world to bring in the new year.
USA – Black Eyed Peas to ring good luck.
Puerto Rico – They throw water in the front yard to cleanse the new year.
Germany – Eat a donut to represent the year coming to a full circle. They also eat jam filled donuts, but beware of the mustard filled donut that will bring bad luck.
Phillipines – throw coins for good luck and prosperity.
Russia – They write down a wish, burn it, and throw it into the campaign glass and drink it.
England – Midnight kisses to set the tone of your relationship for the new year.
Turkey – Sprinkle salt on the front step to bring peace and abundance to the new year.
Spain – Eat 12 grapes – one at each stroke of the clock at midnight on New Year’s Eve. Each grape represents good luck for one month of the coming year.
For more New Years Traditions, Click Here.
Fun New Years Eve Game
Create the flying top hat or flying baby game with just a few items. You could even have races to win prizes at your New Years Eve party.
- Card Stock
- Deco Art Black Acrylic Paint
- Glue Dots
- Sparkle Stickers
- Sponge Brush
- Cut out a top hat from the card stock, make a square and then a 1″ strip for the brim.
- Use the sponge brush to paint the hat with the black acrylic paint.
- Spell out a fun phrase on the heat with the glitter letters like “Happy New Year”.
- Place to glue dots on the straw and connect the balloon on the straw.
- After the hat is dry, connect it to the other side of the balloon with glue dots.
- String the straw onto the string.
- Blow up the balloon and let it go. The longer the string the farther it will go.
Create A New Years Eve Tierra
Don’t spend a fortune on those New Years Eve hats and tierras. Create your own fun headgear using headbands that you can get at the grocery store for under a $1, and tulle from the local craft store.
- Silver & Gold Tulle on a roll
- Cut strips of tulle 12″ by 5″-6″.
- Tie the strips of tulle onto the headband, about 20 – 30.
- Cut the top of the tulle to even it out.
Did you save those wrapping paper rolls, or toilet paper rolls? They really come in handy when creating New Years Eve DIY fun. You can create your own Midnight Kisses Party Poppers with wrapping paper rolls and a few items from the craft store.
- Wrapping Paper Rolls or Toilet Paper Rolls
- Tissue Paper in Silver and Gold
- Curly Ribbon
- Deco Art Black paint
- Deco Art Glamour Glitter Paint
- Hershey Kisses
- Sponge Brush
- Cut the wrapping paper roll into 4 inch long tubes, or use toilet paper rolls.
- Paint the roll with the black paint.
- Let dry completely.
- Fill the roll with Hershey Kisses.
- Cut tissue paper to 10″ x 10″ square.
- Roll the filled roll on the tissue paper and tie the ends with the curly ribbon.
- Paint the outside of the tissue paper with the glitter paint.