Glitter Up Halloween Pumpkins
All that glitters means the holidays are just around the corner. You can create some beautiful Halloween decorations without breaking the bank. Just glitter up Halloween pumpkins in a bunch of different ways, and watch how happy it makes you. I always say, it’s not the holidays until the glitter sparkles.
Get The Coupon
Remember to use those coupons when you head to the craft store, it will really help you save some money. You only need a few different sized pumpkins to jazz up your home for Halloween.
Use More Then A Pumpkin
You can create Halloween decorations with more then just pumpkins. Try gords, or books or even dryer vents. Grab some old books and have fun with them. Be sure you have read the book first, you can find some great used books at garage sales too.
Items Needed For Book Pumpkin
- Old Books
- Decou Page
- Sponge Brush
- Xacto Knife or Scissors
- Glue Stick or Glue Tape
- Make a pumpkin template out of a piece of paper, measure it to the size of your book.
- Trace the template onto the cover of the book.
- Using the xacto knife or scissors, and being very careful, cut each page of the book until all of the pages are cut.
- After all the pages are cut, glue 5 pages together to make them thick.
- Finally, glue the cover and the back cover together to create the pumpkin look.
- Using the decou page, paint the outside edges of the pages, one group at a time, and sprinkle the glitter on the edge.
- You can add a stem using card stock or a pipe cleaner.
Items Needed For Dryer Vent Pumpkin
- Dryer Vent (Any Size)
- Floral Wire
- Deco Art Paint – Orange, Brown, and Green
- Sponge Brush
- Fall Floral
- Hot Glue Gun
- First, decide how big you want your pumpkin to be, and cut the excess dryer vent.
- Using the floral wire, tire each end of the dryer vent together to form your pumpkin.
- Paint the dryer vent orange.
- Let dry for about an hour, it’s ok if it’s not completely covered, you can go with that look, or add another coat.
- Hot glue the fall floral to the top.
For More Halloween Projects, Check THESE out.