4th of July means so much to us all. It means celebrating our Independence with some stars and stripes. We usually barbeque, go swimming, and light up fireworks. You can create these 4th of July outdoor party decorations for you family barbeque and you will want to use them every year.
USA Star Banner
This is a fun and easy craft the even the kiddos will want to help create.
- Wooden stars (size is your choice)
- Deco Art paint – red, white, and blue
- Sponge brush
- Small brush
- 4th of July ribbon
- Glue dots
- Paint each start with red, white, and blue.
- Let dry completely.
- Using the small paint brush, write a U, and S, and an A with a different color of paint then what is on the star.
- Using the same color of paint as the letter, paint some decorative lines on the star.
- Hot glue or glue dot the stars to the ribbon.
- Create a bow at the top for an added decorative touch.
Glitter Star Banner
Everyone loves a little glitter in their lives, well, maybe not everyone, but I sure do. This has always been one of my favorite projects. I love how it looks, I love how easy it is to make. And I love using it every 4th of July.
- Deco Art Decou Page
- Deco Art paint – red, white, blue
- Glitter – red, white, blue
- Sponge brushes
- 4th of July ribbon
- Wooden stars – size is your choice, get as many as you want for the length of the garland
- Paint the stars with the red, white, and blue paint.
- Set aside and let them dry.
- Paint a layer of decou page onto each star, one at a time.
- While the decou page is still wet, pour glitter over it, shake off the excess, and let it dry.
- After all the stars are done, hot glue or glue dot them to the ribbon.
- Hang as garland.
4th of July Strawberry And Banana Firecracker Treats
What is better then a yummy decorative treat that is also healthy? These strawberry and banana firecracker treats are so fun to create, and so easy to make.
- Firecracker dowel rods – you can make them too
- Wilton candy melts
- Wilton Melting Pot (or microwave)
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- Wash and dry the strawberries, and set aside.
- Melt the candy melts in the melting pot or microwave.
- Dip the tips of the strawberries into the melted candy melts, then dip them in the sugar.
- Set them aside to cool.
- Stack the strawberries and bananas onto the firecracker dowel rods.
4th Of July Licorice To Go
What a fun treat for the kiddos to grab and go. These are one of the yummiest and easiest party favors you can make.
- Scrapbook paper
- Glue dots
- Wrap the scrapbook paper in a roll to look like a cone.
- Glue dot it together.
- Add the licorice.
Flower Pot Table Centerpiece
You will want to keep this centerpiece up all year long. It’s a beautiful 4th of July outdoor party centerpiece and so easy to make. You can take these tips and make other flower pot decorations for different seasons.
- Clay pot
- Painter tape
- Deco Art Paint – red and white
- Styrofoam square (to put in the bottom of the clay pot)
- Red, white, and blue flowers
- 4th of July decor – I used wired stars and firecrackers
- Hot glue gun
- Paint the bottom of the clay pot red.
- Paint the lip of the clay pot white.
- Let it dry completely.
- Using the painters tape, make strips on the lip of the clay pot.
- Paint the white stripes showing with the red paint, you will need a couple coats.
- Add the Styrofoam square to the bottom of the clay pot.
- Start adding the flowers to the Styrofoam, there is no correct way to do it, just have fun.
- Be sure to spread the colors out.
- Add the 4th of July decorations.