Our Independence Day is really something to celebrate, and we are half way through the year, so that is something to celebrate too. Whether you are having a large party or just close family and friends, It’s always fun to DIY your 4th of July.
This fun craft can be used as a selfie background, or a banner for decoration. It’s very inexpensive and easy to create.
- 36″ x 36″ Felt Squares in Red, White, and Blue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Dowel Rod, as long as you want it to be
- Cut strips of the felt about 1″ thick and the length of the square.
- Place the band-aid around your pointer finger to protect it from getting burnt from the hot glue.
- Glue one top of a strip around the dowel rod, in a red, white, and blue sequence.
- Hang to use as a selfie background or banner.
Cherry Cheesecake Shooters
I was gifted some Chelan Fresh Cherries from Washington and couldn’t wait to start creating some delicious treats with them. They are so sweet and juicy, and were perfect for these cherry cheesecake shooters.
- 4 Cups Sweet Cherries (frozen pitted, 2 12-oz bags)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese (softened, 2 blocks)
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Texas Ranger Whiskey
- ¼ cup Butter
- 12 Graham Crackers
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate (shaved)
Getting The Pits Out
I bought this cherry pitter on Amazon, and hands down, it is one of the best things ever invented, especially for this cherry loving gal.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, honey and whiskey over medium heat and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and continue cooking until the cherries are hot and bubbly.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the cornstarch and lemon juice. Add cornstarch mixture to the cherries and cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring until the mixture is nice and thick.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cherries to a bowl. Refrigerate until they’re totally chilled and thick.
- In a stand mixer fit with the whisk attachment, whip the cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy.
- Place the mixture into a pastry bag or plastic zipper bag with a medium hole snipped off the end. Store in a bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place the graham crackers into a large storage bag and crush them into fine crumbs.
Directions To Put Them Together
- Spoon a large helping of the crumbs into the bottom of a miniature wine glass or shot glass.
- Squeeze in 2-3 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Next, spoon in 1-2 tablespoon of the cherry mixture.
- Top with shaved chocolate.
DIY Your 4th Of July Party Game
Tic Tac Toe is one of my favorite games, and it is one of the easiest games to create for your yard, table, or even when you are traveling. This yard Tic Tac Toe was very inexpensive and easy to make.
- Wood Letters – 5″ or larger
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint – Red, White, and Blue
- Sponge Brush
- Masking Tape 1/2″ Thick
- Ribbon or Twine
- Mask off stripes on the wood letters. Or you can create a design of stars if you would like.
- Paint Red, White, and Blue stripes on the letters, you will need 2 coats, let it dry for 10 minutes in between coats.
- Cut ribbon or twine to the size of the Tic Tac Toe board you want to create.
- Lay out the game and have fun.
Whiskey Cherry Cocktail
- 4 Whole Cherries, Pitted and Stemmed
- 1-2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Whole Lime, Juiced
- 1/4 Whole Lemon, Juiced
- 1 Shot Texas Ranger Whiskey
- 3/4 Cup Sparkling Water or Seltzer Water
- Whiskey Soaked Cherries (Soak pitted cherries overnight in Texas Ranger Whiskey)
- Sprig of Mint
- Sliced Lime
- Muddle cherries, sugar, lime juice, lemon juice, and whiskey, until well blended.
- Add in sparkling water.
- Top off glasses with crushed ice.
Smore’s And Candy Bar
Summertime for me means Smore’s, and why not have some other candy favorites for your guests to choose from. This fun and easy to create Smore’s Bar and Candy Bar is a perfect way to DIY your 4th of July, and will definitely be a hit at your party.
- Chocolate Bars
- Graham Crackers
- 4th of July M&M’s
- Candy Coated Pretzels
- Plastic Bowls
- Mason Jars
- Festive Ribbon
- Styrofoam Ball
- Wood Decorative Box
- Cut the ribbon to tie around the lids of the mason jars.
- Fill the mason jars with M&M’s, Twizzlers, and candy coated pretzels.
- Seal the lid on tight.
- For the Smore’s bar, place the chocolate bars in one bowl and the graham crackers in another bowl.
- Place a marshmallow on a skewer and stick it in the Styrofoam ball that is inside the box.
- Stack all the yummies on a decorative doily or tablecloth.