My dad loves his cocktails. As long as I can remember, he was always enjoying a yummy cocktail with friends. I have grown to appreciate a good cocktail, but more to appreciate a great spirit. These DIY Father’s Day cocktails made with Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka are amazing and easy to make. It was nice to use some of the basil from my garden, now I need to start growing mint.
Vodka, My Spirit Of Choice
Vodka is my spirit of choice, and I am always on the lookout for a great vodka, but more then that, a great vodka company. I partnered with Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka because of their story, but also their amazing tasting vodka.
Ben Green, The Founder
Smaller distillery’s are usually the best places to find some of the best spirits. It’s definitely true in the case of Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka. The taste is smooth, and clean, and is perfect for a cocktail, even just some basil and soda water.
- “Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka™ wouldn’t exist if not for Ben’s curiosity, creativity, and unrelenting determination. A self-taught distiller, music lover, and proud papa to Mr. Pickles, he’s excited to share his unique vodka with fellow misfits.”
The Process of Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka
I’m pretty particular about my vodka, and really particular about how it is processed. The process of freeze-filtered is something that really draws me to a vodka. It means that the vodka is going to be more pure, or clean, then other vodkas. That means better tasting, and less after affects.
- “To fully appreciate how we make our vodka, you must first understand why we make it: To capture the true independent spirt of likeminded souls everywhere. So, every ingredient, like our locally sourced Pacific Northwest wheat, is thoughtfully scrutinized. Every drop, painstakingly cared for. And every single milliliter, meticulously bottled by hand inside the walls of our small-ass facility in Eugene, Oregon. The result? A slow distilled, freeze-filtered artisan vodka with a smooth finish and more than a hint of fxck you to The Man.”
Try The Locals When Traveling
During my Pacific Northwest trip a year ago, I was able to do a lot of tastings. I will definitely be putting BST Vodka on my list to visit the next time I travel to the Northwest. The water tasted better, the food is amazing, and the vodka is spectacular.
Mint Vodka Mojito
This is one of my favorite cocktails, and a perfect DIY Father’s Day cocktails. You can always add different herbs, like basil, or rosemary. Experimenting is part of the fun.
- 2 oz Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka
- 1/2 lime cut into small wedges
- 5 Mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of simple syrup
- 4 oz of ginger beer
- Muddle the mint leaves and the lime wedges in the bottom of a martini mixing glass.
- Add the Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka.
- Add the simple syrup.
- Poor with a strainer over 2 ice cubes in a rock glass.
- Add the ginger beer and serve cold.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and mint sprig.
Basil Lime Cocktail
Another one of my favorite DIY Father’s Day cocktails, has summery flavors, and made with fresh basil from my garden.
- 4 – 5 basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 of Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Muddle (smush) 3 – 4 basil leaves in a martini mixing glass.
- Add 2 – 3 cubes of ice.
- Next poor in the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- This poor the 2 oz of Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka.
- Shake and using a strainer, poor into a glass with 2 ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of basil.
BST Vodka Really Gives Back
BSTx Best Friends Animal Society is a great way they are giving back to the community. It all started with a rescued pit bull named Mr. Pickles.
- “Without him, we’re pretty sure Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka™ wouldn’t exist. Sure he looks tough, but in reality, this pooch is a lover. Drop by the distillery just about any day and find out for yourself.
- You see, Mr. Pickles faithfully stood by our head distiller Ben Green as he stumbled his way through his self-education in craft distilling. He offered his unconditional love and encouragement as Ben developed his vodka recipe over dozens of (occasionally awful) iterations until finally landing on the uniquely smooth and delicious juice now known as Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka™.
- Ever had a bad day at work only to get home to the wagging tail of a dog that’s tripping over itself with excitement from seeing you? In that moment, doesn’t that shitty day immediately fall into the rearview? Yea, same for us. It’s moments like these and dogs like Mr. Pickles that made us want to do more now that we’re a bonafide vodka brand.”
Click Here to find more information about Blood x Sweat x Tears Vodka.