Hammer Picture Frame
This is a very easy DIY project for dad, just be sure not to use one of his favorite hammers. You can always pick one up at Lowe’s very inexpensively. Tools and golf gifts for dad are perfect for the kids to create.
- Piece of wood 2 x 2 x 18” (you can pick one up for free from the scrap pile at Lowe’s) – Free
- New or used hammer
- Americana staining medium
- Americana acrylic paint – brown
- White card stock
- Sponge Brush
- E600 Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- I got lucky and found a great piece of wood at Lowe’s for free, they even cut it for you if you need them to, as long as you have your measurements.
- Mix 2 parts brown acrylic paint and 1 part antiquing medium and paint the wood like it was a stain.
- Let it dry completely.
- Place some a good sized amount of E6000 onto the flat part of the metal hammer and also onto the tip of the wooden handle.
- Then place some hot glue on the same areas, place it onto the top of the wood, be sure the open part of the hammer is sticking up.
- This is where your picture goes.
- Let it dry over night, and then print a fun phrase onto some card stock and glue it onto the front of the wood.
- Add the picture, and you have a perfect gift for dad.
Beer or Comic Book Coasters
- Ceramic tiles or wood tiles (You can get them at Michaels)
- Americana black acrylic paint
- Americana Decou Page
- Sponge brush
- Beer labels, whiskey labels, comic book pages – free after consumption or you can get some from your local bar.
- Paint your tiles with the black acrylic paint and let it dry completely.
- To get the labels off of the beer bottle, simple grab your hair dryer, or if you have a heat gun, that will work perfect.
- Blow the hot air onto the label for a couple of minutes and it should come right off, the heat melts the glue behind the label which allows it to come off.
- Cut the label to the size of the top of the tile.
- Paint one layer of decou page onto the top of the tile and also on the back of the label and press the label onto the tile.
- let it dry completely.
- Paint a layer of decou page on top of the labeled tile and let dry, enjoy.
Golf Desk Organizer
Whether dad is working from home, or going to the office, this is the perfect gift for dad. He can use it to store items in, and also hit a hole in one. These tools and golf gifts for dad are perfect for the kids to make.
- Box, wooden or plastic
- Beads or balls
- Wooden dowel rod
- Green felt
- Americana paint in green and white
- Hot glue gun
- Red card stock
- Sponge brush
- Father’s Day Stickers
- Black card stock
- Paint the wooden box with the green acrylic paint, let it dry completely, you can paint the inside if you would like to.
- Paint the wooden bead or ball and the dowel rod with the white acrylic paint, let it dry completely.
- The wooden dowel rod can be cut to 3 – 4″ long, depending on the size of your wooden box.
- The size of the felt should be the size of the top of the box and glue it to the top using the glue gun.
- Cut a flag shape out of the red card stock and glue it to the top of the dowel rod.
- Finally, drill a hole into the top of the box so that dad can hit the ball into it when he gets bored.
- Add stickers or let the kids write a note on the outside of the box.