St. Patrick’s Day means so much more to me now that I know I am Irish. I have always done fun crafts and cocktails for this fun holiday, but now I really celebrate it. “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” has a whole new meaning when I am creating DIY Leprechaun craft fun.
Leprechaun Place Holder
These are such fun St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun crafts to create, and it won’t break the bank to make a bunch of them.
- 2 Toilet Paper Rolls
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Sponge Brush
- Green Glitter Paint
- 7 Orange 1/2 Inch Pom Poms and 1 Small Orange Pom Pom
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Black Card Stock
- Yellow Cardstock
- Green Cardstock
- Glue Dots
- Paint 1 toilet paper roll green, and 1/2 of the 2nd toilet paper roll green.
- Let it dry 20 minutes.
- Next, paint the green glitter paint over the green paint.
- Let it dry 20 – 30 minutes.
- Using the glue dots, glue the orange pom poms like a beard onto the white part of the toilet paper roll.
- Draw a face onto in between the pom poms.
- Cut a circle out of the green card stock that is a little bigger than the green toilet paper roll.
- Glue it to the bottom of the roll using the glue dots.
- Cut a small strip of black card stock for the rim of the hat.
- Glue the hat to the face, see the picture above.
DIY Leprechaun Craft Fun
This craft is perfect for fun St. Patrick’s Day pictures. It’s so easy to create, and you probably already have the items needed in your home.
- Plain Paper Plate
- Card Stock – Green, Black, And Yellow Or Gold
- Glue Dots
- Orange Acrylic Paint
- Sponge Brush
- Cut the center out of the paper plate.
- Paint the paper plate orange.
- Let it dry about 10 minutes.
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ square out of the green card stock.
- Next Cut a 2″ x 10″ strip out of the green card stock.
- Measure and cut a 1 ” x 6″ strip of black card stock.
- Glue the black strip to the green square and then the green strip below that.
- Cut a 2″ x 2″ square out of the yellow card stock and cut the center out.
- Glue it to the top of the black strip.
- Finally, glue the hat to the orange paper plate.
St. Patrick’s Day Colorful Necklace
This is such a fun craft for the kids to create and wear, and maybe even use as a snack.
- Fruit Loop Cereal
- Green Card Stock
- Twine Or Yarn
- Cut a clover out of the green card stock, make it whatever size you would like.
- Punch a hole at the top of the clover.
- Cut the twine or yarn big enough to go over your head like a necklace.
- string the clover onto the twine and then string as many Fruit Loops as you would like.
- Tie the end and wear your cute creation.