No party is complete without decorations, and these DIY Memorial Day party ideas are fun and easy to create for your backyard. Create a yummy hot dog bar with your favorite toppings. Create these party decorations with items from your home and a few from your local craft store.
This is a really easy craft that the kids can create. It will also keep them busy for a while.
- Card stock or construction paper in red, white, and blue.
- Glue dots or hot glue.
- Ribbon, or twine.
- First you want to get a star template about 3 inches big, I printed one online. you can certainly make the star as big as you want.
- Next trace the star onto the red, white, and blue paper.
- Cut out all the stars.
- Glue the stars to the ribbon with the glue dots or the hot glue.
- Make this as long as you want or need.
This is a great project to jazz up any patio. If you can’t find bandanas, you can always use any type of material, just cut it to 24″ x 24″. Be sure if you hot glue it to use my band-aid trick. Put a band-aid on your finger before your start to hot glue so you don’t burn yourself.
- 2 Bandanas for each pillow. (or material cut to 24″ x 24″)
- Poly fill or foam fill.
- Hot glue gun, or needle and thread (I’m a no-sew gal)
- Hot glue or sew 3 sides of the bandana together, leaving at least a 1″ edge on all sides.
- Fill the pillow case with the Polly fill, even it out.
- Hot glue or sew the remaining side of the bandana, be careful not to burn yourself.
Utensil And Napkin Holder
I always say to keep your cans, this is one of those projects where they will come in handy. You can really have fun with this one, use material, ribbon, or scrapbook paper to make it your own creation.
- Empty cans, cleaned and washed, be careful not to cut your fingers when you are cleaning the cans.
- Ribbon, material, or paper of your choice.
- Glue dots or hot glue gun.
- If you are using ribbon, you can glue the end of the ribbon to the top of the can, and wrap it around the can, gluing it periodically.
- Finish it off at the bottom, cut it and glue it in place.
- If you are using material or paper, cut it to the size of the can and glue it to the outside of the can.
- Fill each can with utensils, napkins, and straws.
Red, White, and Blue Flower Jars
This is a really easy craft, and you can make a lot of small jars for place settings, or larger ones for the middle of the table. These are perfect DIY Memorial Day Party Ideas for an indoor or outside party.
- Ball Canning jars (at least 3).
- Red and blue food coloring.
- Flowers of your choice, I like to use white ones to keep with the theme. You can use real or fake flowers.
- Festive Ribbon in red, white, and blue.
- Tie ribbon around the top of the jars.
- Fill the jars with water (even if you are using fake flowers)
- Place a few drops of red food coloring in one jar.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring in another jar.
- Leave one jar with no food coloring.
- Put a few flowers in each jar.
Related – Happy National Hot Dog Day