Always Eat After 7, wait, what? Is that really what he is telling me to do. This was intriguing to me because most of my food cravings come after 7 pm. Being able to eat after 7 is why I chose this diet book. This book by Joel Marion was a great read, and the recipes were amazing. Very easy to shop for and very easy to create, and I am not the best cook. I have a lot of quotes from them book that really resonated with me, I have put one or two of them throughout out this article.
- “Always Eat After 7 pm is a three-phase program that teaches you how to lose big by strategically eating big when you are naturally hungriest—in the evening. This may sound too good to be true, but let me assure you it is no gimmick. It’s all about making strategic and smart food swaps, and you can still eat your favorite foods.”
I Have Struggled With My Weight
I have struggled with my weight for some time now, and have tried many different things. My biggest hurdle has always been nightly snacking. I get hungry late. Maybe it’s because I stay up late, maybe it’s my thyroid telling me what to do. Whatever it is, this book might just be the answer I have been looking for.
- “So, despite all the bad press over the years, certain carbohydrates play an important role in balancing your hormones and regulating your metabolic rate, while avoiding the dreaded weight loss plateaus that accompany conventional mainstream diets. Furthermore, when you eat these carbohydrates, you’ll feel much better than you would if you were following a traditional diet.”
I Need More Energy For My Job
As a travel writer I am on the road, a lot. I may drive 8 – 13 hours a day to get to my next destination, and I need energy for that. When I’m not on the road I am creating projects for my next TV segment. So no matter what I am doing, I need more energy.
- “Having carbs in the evening is also a great weight loss strategy. When you’re active, your body burns mainly carbohydrates and muscle glycogen for energy. By eating carbs at night, you allow your body to use them to restore glycogen for energy the next day and provide your body with the glucose it needs to regulate your blood sugar levels during sleep.”
Can I Lose Weight Eating After 7PM
I need to lose weight, with my hashimotos, and being borderline diabetic, type 2, I need to lose weight, and now. I won’t lie, this is why I chose this diet book, I am overweight, not horribly, but the obesity word has been mentioned a couple of times at check-ups.
- “Late-night eating also curbs calorie intake the next day. In a four-week study, dieters added a snack to their daily regimen 90 minutes after dinner every night, and check this out: late-night eaters ate an average of 397 fewer calories per day.”
Let’s Rebalance Those Fat Burning Hormones
I love berries, all kinds of berries. When I read that berries were a big part of this diet, I was in. I put berries on my cottage cheese, in my water, even on some of my lunches and dinners.
- “Specific higher-carbohydrate foods (including berries and cherries) support your fat-burning metabolism while you sleep, providing your body with a steady stream of fuel throughout the night. The trick is knowing how to combine them with other evening and pre-bedtime fat-burning foods to fuel your metabolism as you sleep.”
Metabolism Is The Key, That’s What I’ve Been Told
My thyroid is underactive, it has been since I was 19, or at least that is when I found out. I take medication for it, but as I have gotten older, my metabolism just doesn’t work as great as it use to. Again, this is why I chose this diet book.
- “Avoiding carbohydrates and restricting calories later in the day can have an adverse effect on your thyroid hormones, which play a major role in metabolism. When the thyroid fails to secrete enough of the hormones that control metabolism, this can trigger symptoms like fatigue, depression, weight gain, thinning hair, and dry skin.”
- “Research shows that the average person’s metabolic rate is no different during sleep than during the day. In short, your metabolism doesn’t slow down at night. Nor does your body store fat at the end of the day. Whether it’s 8 am or 8 pm, you use food for energy the same way.”
I Haven’t Slept Good In Over 2 Years
What is deep sleep, have you had a good deep sleep lately? I have not, I can’t remember that last time I woke up and wasn’t already tired.
- “A research paper published in Sports Medicine in 2014 showed that people who eat the majority of their carbs at dinner actually sleep better. Carb-induced, quality sleep decreases cortisol (a fat-storing hormone) and ramps up the production of your sleep hormones, serotonin and melatonin. Restorative sleep increases fat-burning hormones—the main one being growth hormone—overnight.”
Is Intermittent Fasting For You
My husband has been telling me for months about intermittent fasting. After reading so much about it and the amazing benefits it has for you, I was really excited to start this diet. The book talks about how it could help with my insulin resistance, which is one step to helping with my pre-diabetes.
- “Intermittent fasting really shines when it comes to improving the hormones that directly affect your hunger, blood sugar, and metabolism. One is insulin. IF combats insulin resistance, meaning that it helps your body use insulin more normally, thereby lowering your diabetes risk and boosting your metabolism.”
Creating Your Morning Routine
One of the things in the Always Eat After 7 pm book I was the most excited about was the chance, or reason to drink more water. I love water, but I don’t always remember to drink enough. This book and diet makes drinking water part of your life. You don’t even realize you are drinking as much as you are. I am also excited about the yummy smoothies I have been trying. There are great recipes in this book, and I plan to try as many as possible.
- “One of the simplest 3-Minute Fat-Burning Morning Rituals, lemon water is a glass of water mixed with the juice of one half of a lemon. This drink provides all the benefits of regular drinking water, which supports weight loss, digestive health, physical performance, and cognitive function.”
Always Eat After 7 PM, This Is Why I Chose This Diet Book
The Revolutionary Rule-Breaking Diet That Lets You Enjoy Huge Dinners, Desserts, and Indulgent Snacks—While Burning Fat Overnight by Joel Marion is now available to purchase.
Here are some videos to explain more.
- Intro and how/why he wrote book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dy4v9QKQw5hJn3JT9hdsgaV_1zhKFR_O/view?usp=sharing
- Top tips from the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mc-f80cwHcl6fP3pZSmwkIBKt_2RMbNR/view?usp=sharing
- Science behind the diet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M6w3HyUELRC9__DbphnfPP88y7QDwesB/view?usp=sharing
- Go-to snacks and recipes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBCV7uSuonL14l6ZRldIvJY8Tnnzn6TJ/view?usp=sharing