DIY Valentines Day Gifts From The Heart
Love is in the air, hearts, chocolates and flowers are usually the best gifts for this wonderful day of love. You can create DIY Valentines Day gifts that anyone will love without breaking the bank.
Chocolates, Flowers and Hearts
This Mason jar Valentine’s Day gift can be given to a loved one or friend. It is fun and easy to create, and it won’t cost a lot.
Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Gift
- Mason jar of your choice
- 4-5 Deco Art acrylic paint colors
- Plastic cup
- Paper plate
- Paper towels
- Valentine ribbon
- Pour a lot of the paint, about half the bottle, into the paper cup.
- Swirl it around just a bit
- Holding the Mason jar sideways, with your hand inside it, pour the paint over the outside of the jar.
- Move the jar until the whole outside of it is covered.
- Place it bottom down so the paint will drip off.
- You will want to move the jar about every 15 minutes to another place on the paper towel until it starts to dry.
- Let it dry overnight and then fill it with candy.
- Tie a pretty bow on the top of the jar.
DIY Heart Wall Hanger
- Styrafoam Heart (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
- 5 Different Valentine pattern material, 1/2 yard of each
- Cut the material into strips about 1 inch wide and 18 inches long
- Tie the ribbon around the Styrofoam heart into knots until the whole thing is covered.
- Trim the material so it is only 1 – 2 inches long past the knot.
Create Valentine’s Butterfly Gifts
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint in Valentine’s Colors
- Sponge Brush
- Mini M&M Valentine themed packages
- Fun foam or card stock in same colors as the paint
- Wiggle eyes
- Red pom poms
- Hot glue gun
- Paint the whole clothespin with the acrylic paint.
- Let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Cut a small circle for the head of the butterfly.
- Glue the head to the top of one of the sides of the clothespin.
- Next, glue the wiggle eyes onto the front of the head.
- Then glue the pom poms to the top of the head.
- Place the M&M’s inside the clothespin, these are the butterflies wings.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails
Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini
- 3 oz Enchanted Rock Vodka
- Chocolate Syrup
- 3 Maraschino Cherries
- 3 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 oz Grenadine
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup on the inside of a martini glass.
- Mix the Vodka, heavy whipping cream, and grenadine in a martini mixer or glass.
- Pour the martini into the glass and add a couple maraschino cherries.
Pink Heart Cocktail
- 1 Lime
- 3 oz Pear Juice
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- 5 Raspberries, plus a couple for garnish
- 1 oz Rebecca Creek Whiskey
- Cut the lime into 3 slices and then cut the rest into chunks.
- Muddle (Smash) the 5 raspberries and the chopped lime pieces.
- Pour the pear juice, cranberry juice and whiskey into the muddle mixture.
- Stir and strain into glass.
- Garnish with a lime.