Fall is here, Fall is here. My favorite season of all is finally here. Every year I look forward to Fall, and on September 1st I start decorating for my absolute favorite season. Fall decorations for your home don’t have to break the bank, you may already have most of what you need to decorate already in your home.
No Traveling For Me This Fall
This year I decided to decorate the outside of my home too. I’m not usually home this time of year, I’m usually traveling all over the country. But this year I get to enjoy celebrating fall in my home, so I went all out.
Related – Glitter Up Halloween Pumpkins
Fall Door Wreath
Door wreaths our one of my favorite things to decorate. They are easy and inexpensive, and you can use them over and over again, just spruce them up each year. I love using the grapevine wreaths, because you can change out the flowers and trinkets and use them every season.
- Grapevine wreath – Shop Michaels Online
- Fall floral stems
- Fall Ribbon
- Door hanger
- Place the stems into the grapevine wreath and twist the stem to hold it securely.
- Add some Fall ribbon throughout the wreath, or just as a bow.
- Hang the wreath on your door with a door hanger.
Fall Wood Sign
Creating a wood sign for every season is really inexpensive and it adds a lot to your front door decor. This Fall sign cost me under $2 because I already had the paint. But if you don’t, it should only cost around $5 total. You may even find some scrap wood at the local lumber store for free. You can use this same tip for painting small plaques to hang around your home.
- Wood fence picket or long wood plank
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint – brown, white, orange
- Sponge brush
- Small brush
- Deco Art Antiquing Medium
- Measuring Tape
- Stencils, if you need them
- Deco Art Decou Page or sealer
- Mix your brown paint and your antiquing medium, 1 part each.
- Paint your wood picket or plank, it should go on like a stain.
- Let it dry completely, about 20-30 minutes.
- Measure where you want your letters to go.
- If you need to stencil the words, you can measure with them, I like to free hand.
- Paint the inside of your letters with the white paint.
- If you like to get creative like me, then draw out a leaf for the A in the word FALL.
- Paint the leaf orange.
- Let all the paint dry, and then paint a coat of sealer or decou page to finish it off.
Go All Out For Fall
I decided to add some hay, pumpkins, and scarecrows that I had hanging around in my garage for years. You can also add leaves, and other Fall related decorations. Get Creative and Have fun with it, and enjoy my favorite season of the year.
Related – 10 Ways To Decorate A Pumpkin
Before & After Fall Decorations For Your Home