What do you want for Mother’s Day, I know I want a butter dish. I always love getting things for my kitchen for Mother’s Day. Not sure if it reminds me of my grandma or my mom, but something pretty in the kitchen always makes me happy. Below is my list of Mother’s Day must-have gifts that every mom will love.
Mom Loves Wine
If your mom is anything like me or my mom, wine is always on my Mother’s Day must-have gifts list. I love boxed wine, actually, I love most wine. But boxed wine has really stepped up and there are some great ones out there. The only thing I don’t like is how hard it is to get the wine out of the nozzle. Well, there is a new product that makes pouring the wine out of the boxed wine so easy now. It’s called the Boxxle, its stainless steel design looks beautiful on the kitchen counter, and it keeps your wine fresh for up to 6 weeks. It holds a 3-liter bag-in-box wine, which is equal to 4 bottles of wine.
DIY Mother’s Day Must-Have Gifts
Kids love making gifts for mom, and mom loves receiving those handmade gifts. Whether it’s a gift basket filled with mom’s favorite items, or a handprint picture frame, a DIY Mother’s Day gift really makes mom feel loved.
Painted Wine Glass
Create a set of hand-painted wine glasses that mom will love to use every day. These are very easy to create and very inexpensive. The kiddos will need some adult help with creating this beautiful gift.
- Wine Glasses
- Sharpie Paint Markers
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Let the kids have fun painting the wine glasses with the markers.
- The more color the better.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- Make sure there is only one oven rack in the oven and place it on the lowest level.
- Put a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Next, place the painted glasses onto the cookie sheet.
- DO NOT preheat the oven.
- Place the cookie sheet into the cold oven.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the glasses for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool until the oven is cold.
- They should be good to wash after this.
Handprint Picture Frame
This is such a fun and easy keepsake that will look beautiful on the wall. You can also create a new hand to stack on each hand as the years go by and the kiddos grow.
- 11″ x 14″ Picture Frame With Mat
- White Card Stock
- Decorative Tissue Paper
- Trace your kid’s hand onto the card stock.
- Cut out the handprint.
- Place a piece of tissue paper behind the card stock, and use tape to hold it in place if you need to.
- Put the mat from the picture frame over the handprint and place it in the frame.
- Create a new handprint every year with a different color of card stock.
Spa Gift Basket
If your mom is like me, then a spa day or spa getaway is the perfect gift. But you don’t have to break the bank if you can’t afford the weekend getaway. Send mom away for a whole “stay weekend” and create a spa getaway in your home.
- All of Mom’s Favorite Spa Items
- Crinkle Cut or Tissue Paper
- Tea Cup
- Hand Towel
- Place the crinkle cut or the tissue paper in the bottom of the basket.
- Add all of Mom’s favorite spa products.
- Roll the hand towel and place it in the basket.
- Put some tea or coffee in the cup and add it to the basket.
Mother’s Day Planting Party
Another great idea is to take mom to the local plant nursery and pick out some flowers and plants that you can spend the day planting with mom. All Mom really wants is to spend time with the people that made her MOM.