Creating cocktails for every season has become one of my favorite things about my blog. But when I was challenged by a friend to come up with a pumpkin spice whiskey cocktail, I was a bit terrified. I was afraid I wouldn’t make something that tastes enough like pumpkin spice but also taste good at the same time.
Rebecca Creek Whiskey
I reached out to my good buddies over at Rebecca Creek Whiskey for the yummy spirits and went from there. Try this one on a cool night, or even out by the camp fire. I must say, I am pretty impressed with this drink, I hope you like it.
Create The Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (you can use agave, but I really like the maple flavor in this drink)
- 1 pinch of ground all spice
- Mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Then simmer for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Taste it to make sure you like it, and let it cool 2-3 minutes.
- Poor the mixture over a strainer (I used 2 strainers to be sure) into a syrup bottle (can be bought at any craft store).
To Create The Pumpkin Spice Whiskey Cocktail
- 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce of Rebecca Creek Whiskey
- Soda water
- Sugar and cinnamon for the rim of the glass
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon onto a plate, wet the rim of the glass and rub it into the sugar mixture to coat the rim.
- Mix together the simple syrup and the whiskey, top with soda and mix well. Add ice and enjoy.