It’s the middle of Summer and the kids are ready to get outside and play. Backyard fun is all the rage right now, and you can some of the best summer DIY games with items you may already have.
Fun For Kids Of All Ages
The kids and adults will really have fun with these summer DIY games. They will have fun making them, and playing with them.
Perfect For Party And Road Trips
These summer DIY games are perfect for an end of summer party too, or even inside on an rainy day. You can even take these games on a short weekend road trip.
Don’t Break The Bank To Have Fun
You can create these fun and easy summer DIY games with items you probably have around the home already. You will see that some of these games will remind you of old games from the past.
Shoot’em Up Golf Game
This can be played many ways, you can use a Nerf gun, a water gun, or even a golf club to play, and you can create this for under $10, or even cheaper if you have the items in your home already.
- 18 x 3 Piece of thick Styrofoam
- Ping Pong Balls (or golf balls if you are using a golf club
- Golf Tees
- Acrylic Paint – green, purple, yellow, orange, pink, blue
- Deco Art Paint Marker
- Sponge brushes
- Nerf gun, water gun or golf club
- First you will paint the piece of Styrofoam with the green Americana acrylic paint, be sure to let it dry a couple of hours.
- While the Styrofoam is drying, paint the ping pong balls in different colors, let the kids have fun with this.
- You should only need one coat, it will take about 30 minutes for them to dry.
- Once the balls are dry, write numbers with the paint marker on one side of the ball in increments of 10’s all the way to 50.
- Place the tees into the Styrofoam to hold up the balls and then shoot the balls off the tees with either the nerf gun or the water gun.
- Whoever gets the highest score wins.
- If you are going to use the golf clubs, you can add an extra element to the game by creating a cardboard scoring box.
Shot Put Throwing Game
This is kind of a take on skeet ball and cornhole. This game may cost you a total of $5 if you don’t already have the items around the house.
- Paper plates (I found plates that look like bull’s eyes)
- Felt in 4 – 5 different colors
- Hot glue gun
- Deco Art paint marker
- To create the bags that you are throwing, cut out 4” x 4” squares in the felt.
- You will need matching squares that you can glue together.
- Create 3 – 4 throwing squares for each player.
- Next, glue the squares together leaving a 1 inch hole where you can pour the rice in.
- Put about 3 – 4 teaspoons of rice inside the glued together square.
- Enough to make it heavy but not bulky, then glue shut the 1-inch hole.
- For the plates, you will want to write numbers in increments of 10’s on the inside of the plate.
- You can go up to 50 or 100, this is your game, make it fun for your family.
- Set the plates 12” apart or more in a straight line and throw the felt bags, whoever gets the most points wins.