The “Big Game” is here, and if we ever needed a time to celebrate anything it’s now. Tailgating will look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get out and have the best tailgating party ideas ever. For the table cloth, I just bought football themed material at my local craft store, this is the perfect place to start with your decorating.
Tailgating Made Easy
You don’t have to be a chef or a crafting genius to have the best tailgating party ever. You just need a few items listed below and a little time. If you are in an area that has a Publix grocery store or a Kroger’s, be sure to keep an eye out for this amazing Game Ball Cake from I Love Ice Cream Cakes. I will tell you, it is by far the best I have ever had.
I Love Ice Cream Game Ball Cake
Adding some colored coconut to this cake for a football turf effect. It’s really easy to do. This trick is definitely one of the best tailgating party ideas ever.
- Coconut flakes
- Green food coloring
- Zipper Bag
- Pour coconut into the bag.
- Add 10-15 drops of green food coloring.
- Close the bag and shake it up until all the coconut is green.
Bourbon Infused BBQ Meatballs
I have been eating these yummy treats since I was a kid. My dad would make them every Sunday for the “Big Game”. Our neighbors would come over and eat them up quick. Definitely a fan favorite.
- Lil Smokies Mini Sausages
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup of Texas Ranger Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 – 3/4 Bottle of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Place your saucepan on med-high heat.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Cook until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes
- This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker and left on low heat while the game is on so they stay warm.
DIY Field Goal Posts
Keep those chip containers. I am always telling everyone to keep your cans, and tp rolls, and now I’m telling you to keep your chip containers. You never know when you will use these crazy items. This was such a easy craft to create, but you will need some patience for the painting part.
- 4 Chip Containers (Mine are vege chip containers)
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint in White and Yellow
- Sponge Brush
- Xacto or Steak Knife
- Paint 2 – 3 coats of white paint on the whole outside of the canister, let it dry 20 minutes in between.
- Next, paint 2 – 3 coats of yellow paint, until completely covered.
- Again, let it dry 20 minutes in between coats.
- Measure and cut a hole in the middle of one of the canisters so another canister can fit inside it.
- Cut a hole on the bottom sides of 2 of the canisters big enough to place on the ends of the canister with the middle hole in it.
- Put the goal post together, no glue should be needed.
Flying Football Game
This is such a fun game, probably one of the most fun games I’ve made in a while. The kids will love to create it and play with it, and so will the adults.
- 8 Popsicle Sticks
- Rubber Band
- Teddy Grahams or Gold Fish Crackers
- Small 1 – 2 Inch Clay Pot
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint – Yellow, Green, White, and Brown
- Sponge Brush
- Small Paint Brush
- Small Styrofoam Ball (small enough to fit inside the clay pot)
- Grass Paper (Found at Hobby Lobby)
- Pop Bottle Top
- Hot Glue Gun or Glue Dots
- Paint 4 popsicle sticks yellow, 2 coats may be needed, let dry 10-20 minutes in between.
- Now paint 4 popsicle sticks brown, again, 2 coats may be needed, let dry 10-20 minutes in between.
- Cut a piece of the grass paper to fit on the top of the clay pot.
- Paint the clay pot green, 2 coats may be needed, let dry 10-20 minutes in between.
- Add white lines to look like the football end field onto the clay pot.
- Glue the yellow popsicle sticks together to look like the goal posts.
- Stick the Styrofoam into the clay pot.
- Cut a slit inside the grass paper circle for the popsicle goal post to go through.
- Place the goal post through the glass paper and inside the Styrofoam.
- Glue two of the brown popsicle sticks together.
- Place one brown popsicle on one side of the glued together popsicle sticks and place the other popsicle stick on the other side.
- Tie the rubber band around one side of the 2 loose popsicle sticks, this should leave a gap on the other side.
- Glue the pop top to the gapped side of the popsicle sticks, this is your launching carrier.
- Place the cracker in the pop top and flick it to launch it.
Texas Ranger Lemonade
This cocktail is the perfect drink for any big game, or tailgating party.
- Ice Tea
- 1 – 2 oz Texas Ranger Bourbon Whiskey
- Orange Slice
- Mint Leaves
- Sugar Crystals
- Place the sugar crystals on a plate.
- Wet the rim of the glass and roll it in the sugar crystals.
- Add ice to the glass.
- Fill half the glass with iced tea.
- Add the Whiskey.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with lemonade.
- Add the orange slice and the mint to the cocktail.
Pig Skin Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary’s are on of my favorite day time cocktails. They are perfect on the golf course, and great to drink while watching the big game.
- 2 oz Enchanted Rock Vodka
- 1 Can or 4 oz of V-8 or Tomato Juice
- 3 Drops Worcheshire Sauce
- If You Like It Spicy, You Can Add A Couple Drops Of Tabasco Sauce
- Pork Rhines
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add all ingredients to the glass.
- Place the Pork Rhines on top of the glass or in the cocktail.