“This Post was brought to you in partnership with Yolo Rum, as usual, all opinions are my own”
Creating DIY Cocktails and Cupcakes for September Birthday Parties
Create DIY Cocktails and Cupcakes for September Birthday Parties. Did you know there are more birthdays in September then any other month? My birthday is in September, and so is my sons, and many of my friends share this birthday month too. It can get pricey to celebrate all these birthdays, and you don’t have to break the bank to have a party.
How Do I Afford All of These Birthdays
Another year older and another year of “how do I afford all of these birthdays”. Some of my friends have more then 8 birthdays to celebrate in September. WOW, that is a lot of parties to create and attend.
Creating Crafts, Parties and Decorations For Any Birthday
I have shared how to save money when creating crafts, parties and decorations for years, but there is something special about creating for September Birthdays. Maybe it’s because it’s my birthday month. Or maybe it’s because I have been creating September birthday parties for my son for over 20 years.
September Birthday Cocktail
Creating September Birthday Cocktails
- 1 oz Yolo Rum
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- Pour all ingredients into a rock glass, add ice and enjoy.
Creating September Birthday Cupcakes
Rum Infused Chocolate Cupcake Rum Infused Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ freshly brewed coffee
- ¼ cup Yolo Rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat in egg, milk, and applesauce until completely blended in. Stir in coffee and rum.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners and place in the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool.
Rum Infused Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/8 Cup of Yolo Rum
- Cake Frosting Bag
- Cocoa Powder
- Cream butter and cream cheese and slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Add the dash of salt and whiskey and mix until fluffy.
- Place frosting in the frosting bag and cut the tip off.
- Decorate the cupcakes and sprinkle a dash of cocoa powder on top.
Creating September Birthday Decorations
- White Cardstock
- Deco Art Paint in Multiple Colors
- Deco Art Decou Page
- Sponge Brushes
- Paper Plates
- Hot Glue Gun
- Circle Gems
- Cut about 100 circles using a circular can or glass as a template.
- Separate the card stock circles into 4 piles, and paint 3 of the piles with each color of paint, leaving one pile plain white.
- Be sure to paint both sides of the circles and let them dry about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Cut a piece of twine about 4 feet long.
- Using the glue gun, glue different circles to the twine, about 2-3 inches apart.
- Add a circle gem to the end of the twine for weight.
- Hang the string decor for an added touch to any birthday party or celebration.