Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love and friendship. Whether you need a gift for your spouse, friend, or even your kiddos teacher, you don’t have to break the bank to create these decorative Valentine’s Day Gifts.
Heart Chain Decoration
This cute and easy-to-create heart garland can be used to decorate your home, or put in a basket as a fun and creative gift. Just place the cut strips, and a stapler into a gift basket with a few hearts already started.
- Construction Paper Or Card Stock
- Cut the construction paper lengthways into 1-inch wide strips.
- Bend all of the strips in half.
- Staple the crease in the middle.
- Fold over the strip to look like a heart and staple the bottom, this is only for the first heart.
- Staple the next heart from the middle crease to the bottom of the first heart.
- Repeat this step until the chain is as long as you want it.
Paper Plate Painted Hearts
If you don’t have card stock, painted paper plates work in a pinch.
- Paper Plates
- Red Paint
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
- Sponge Brush
- Wood Skewer
- Cut a template of a heart out of paper by folding the paper in half and drawing one side of the heart.
- Cut the heart out, both sides of the heart should match.
- Trace the heart onto the paper plate.
- Cut out the heart.
- Paint the heart with red paint and let it dry, you may need two coats.
- Using the smaller paintbrush, put decorations on the red heart with the white paint.
Stay Healthy Gift