Creating the perfect Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t have to break the bank. You can decorate very inexpensively so you can spend more on the yummy Thanksgiving dinner. These DIY Thanksgiving made easy craft are fun and will keep the kiddos busy while you create your amazing dinner.
- Wood Circles
- Twine Pumpkins – See Instructions Below
- Burlap Table Runner – See Instructions Below
- White Pumpkins
- Candle Holders
- Lay the table runner out in the middle of the table.
- Place the wood circles on each end.
- Fill the middle of the table runner with the pumpkins, candle holders and candles, twine pumpkins, and pinecones.
Turkey Charcuterie Board
This was one of the most fun charcuterie boards I have ever made. The key to DIY Thanksgiving made easy is finding the perfect round board to place everything on. I found the board I used on Amazon. (link below)
- Large Round Charcuterie Board
- Bartlett Pear
- Mini Cookies Of All Kinds
- Chips Ahoy
- Wafer Cookies
- Large Oreos
- Candy Corn
- Yogurt Pretzels
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Fudge Sticks
- Wilton Turkey Candies And Eye Candies
- Construction Paper – Red And Orange
- Create a small beak and gobble out of the construction paper.
- Glue the eyes, beak, and gobble onto the thin part of the pear.
- Place the pear at the bottom of the board.
- Start filling in all the goodies, see picture for inspiration.
Definitely use my band aid trick on this one, it’s fun and easy to create, but you are using hot glue, and pressing the twine into it, so don’t get burnt.
- Roll Of Twine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cinnamon Stick
- Wrap the twine around your fingers 10 times.
- Tie a piece of twine around the wrapped bunch.
- Create 6 of these.
- Hot glue the bunches around the cinnamon stick and press firmly together to create the pumpkin.
Burlap Table Runner
- Rolled Burlap
- Deco Art Paint – Black
- Cut the burlap a little shorter than the table.
- Trace or freehand the words Happy Thanksgiving on each end of the table runner.
- Paint in the letters to make them thicker.
- Pull a little string out of the burlap to fray the edges.
Place Settings done 3 Ways
Glitter Leaf Place Setting
- Scrapbook Paper or Card Stock
- Decou Page
- Sponge Brush
- Cut the leaves out of the scrapbook paper. (See templates for ideas)
- Paint the decou page on the outside edges of the leaves.
- Pour glitter on the painted part of the leaf.
- Write the persons name in the center of the scrapbook paper.
Turkey Clothespin Place Setting
DIY Thanksgiving made easy is what this craft is all about. The kids will really love creating this fun to make turkey craft.
- Scrapbook Paper in Thanksgiving Colors
- Wiggle Eyes
- Craft Glue
- Floral Leaves
- Hot Glue Gun
- Cut a beak out of the orange scrapbook paper.
- Cut a circle for the turkey head out of the brown scrapbook paper.
- Glue the wiggle eyes and the beak to the round circle.
- Cut a gobble out of the red scrapbook paper and glue it to the bottom of the beak.
- Glue a leaf to the back of the clothes pin, and glue the turkey head to the front of the clothespin.
Candy Cornucopia Place Setting
- Sugar Ice Cream Cone
- Fall Candy Corn
- Caramel drops
- Reese’s Piece
- Clear Goody Bag
- Fill the sugar cone with the candy.
- Place the candy fill sugar cone in the good bag.
- Tie off with string, twine, or curly ribbon.
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Toss Game
Give the kids, and adults something fun to do while they are waiting for dinner to get done. This Turkey Toss game won’t cost you a dime, and is a lot of fun.
- Large Paper Sack
- White Craft Or Construction Paper
- Packing or Scotch Tape
- Take a paper grocery bag and rip a small slit in the middle.
- Roll and fold the paper sack until it looks like the opening of a turkey.
- Crinkle to legs on each side to stick up on the sack.
- Add some white craft or construction paper to the legs and tap them into place.
- Wad up some old paper, or construction paper into balls.
- Toss the balls into the opening of the turkey sack.