Blueberry muffins have to be the best muffin out there, at least I think so. When I turned 50 a couple weeks ago I decided I needed to really start trying to eat healthy, or at least make healthier choices. Blueberry muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods, but that can’t possibly be healthy for me. Well, these are the best gluten free muffins I have ever made, and they are extremely healthy.
Get The Right Ingredients
Every morning I have started juicing, and loving it, but I miss that chew factor. I didn’t want to steer away from my healthy eating, so I was on a mission to create a healthy muffin, that actually tasted good. I decided to read the ingredients from a muffin that I love, and change it up with healthy ingredients.
Having The Right Tools
I received this Sweese porcelain muffin dish to test out, and wow, not only is it beautiful, but it bakes the muffins perfectly. I used my Wilton muffin papers for these muffins. But you don’t have to, you could butter this muffin dish up and cook the muffins right in the dish.
Create The Best Gluten Free Muffins
I remembered reading that you could use apple sauce in place of butter or oil for baked goods to make them healthy. Gluten free ingredients were a must for this recipe. I also didn’t want to use actual sugar either, and ended up only using brown sugar (though there is some in the picture). Eggs haven’t been my friend lately, so I decided to go with egg alternative, worked out great.
- 1 1/2 Cups of Gluten Free Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/8 Cups All Natural Applesauce (no sugar)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Blueberry Granola
- Extra Granola For Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients in one bowl.
- If it is to dry, you can add a bit more applesauce.
- Pour ingredients into greased or lined muffin pan.
- Add extra granola to the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy.
These Really Are The Best Gluten Free Muffins
These muffins were so amazing, I couldn’t wait to share with you all. I seriously just pulled them out of the oven and took this picture so I could write it up and share it with you all. I hope you create this recipe and enjoy these absolutely delicious muffins.
Related – Pumpkin Spice For Breakfast