Take Time For Yourself And Create Art That Takes Stress Away
No matter what time of the year it is, stress can be a big factor in a healthy lifestyle. Whether the kids are going back to school, getting out of school, or you just have a busy schedule. Make time to create some art that takes stress away.
I am on the road a lot, and always busy, but when I feel stressed, my go-to stress reliever is a fun and easy art project. I learned this at a relaxation retreat I went to a couple of years ago. If you just take a little time to get creative, your stress will melt away.
Fun In The Sun Catcher
This is a fun project that won’t break the bank. You probably have everything you need in your home already to create this fun and easy art that takes the stress away.
- 2 paper plates
- Hot Glue Gun or Glue Dots
- Yellow Card Stock Or Construction Paper
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Tissue Paper
- Contact Paper
- Sponge Brush
- Cut the center out of 2 paper plates.
- Paint the front of one paper plate.
- Now, paint the back of one paper plate.
- Cut long triangles out of the yellow construction paper.
- Using any color of tissue paper, cut different small designs out of the paper.
- Cut 2 pieces of contact paper bigger then the size of the middle of the paper plate.
- Place the cut tissue paper on the sticky side of one of the pieces of contact paper.
- Cover the tissue paper with the other piece of contact paper.
- Glue the yellow triangles to the inside of the paper plate that is painted on the outside.
- Place the contact paper design on top of the triangles on the plate.
- Glue the second paper plate on top of that.
- Use a hole punch or just tie a piece of string onto the circle of the paper plate project and hang it.
Marbling Painting Technique
This is hands down one of the funniest ways to create art that takes stress away. It is the art technique that I learned at the relaxation retreat, and I use this stress reliever a lot, especially after a long work trip.
- Marbling Paint
- 4-5 Different Paint Brushes
- Container Of Water (Big enough to hold your piece of paper)
- Sketch Paper
- Pour drops of paint onto a paint palette or paper plate.
- Using the paintbrush, dab the paint and place the tip of the brush in the water.
- Continue this until you have a really cool pattern in the water.
- Quickly dip the top of your paper into the water, flat side down.
- This technique will grab the paint onto the paper.
- Hang it or lay it flat to dry.
Canvas Art Decou Page
If you like to decoupage, then you will love this project. It doesn’t have to be perfect, you just have to have fun. Remember what I say, Get Creative and Have Fun, well, that’s this project.
- 1 Canvas 18 x 24 or Larger
- Acrylic Paint – I Used Blue
- Scrap Material Pieces
- Colorful Stickers
- Black Paint Marker
- Sponge Brush
- Paint the whole canvas in one color, or have fun with it and paint it a bunch of colors.
- Cut one piece of the material into a half circle.
- Now, cut a few strips of material into the sun rays shape. (No pattern, just have fun)
- Brush some decoupage onto the canvas, place the half circle down, and paint the decoupage on top of it to hold it in place.
- Do the same steps with the sun rays around the half circle.
- Paint a layer of decoupage over the whole project.
- Let it dry for at least an hour.
- Outline the project with the paint marker.
- Add a fun word with the stickers.
Get Creative And Have Fun
I hope one or all of these projects will help you and the ones you love to destress a little, just remember to get creative and have fun with whatever you do. Life is short, so enjoy the ride.