No matter how many years of marriage you have under your belt, the traditional gift for each anniversary year is always fun to celebrate. My husband and I have been married 30 years this year. For the 30th anniversary, the traditional gift is elegant pearls. But I have never been known to be traditional. We have always had fun celebrating anniversaries through the years.
Traditional Anniversary Gifts
For the first anniversary, it is paper. The first year of marriage is really the honeymoon phase, but it is also a great time to try new experiences with your spouse. This is a special anniversary for any couple. The top tier of their wedding cake gets eaten. You know, the one that’s been frozen for a year behind the ice cream and some old TV dinners. And usually, you are so broke that creating a gift is the best way to celebrate. I created this picture using the song lyrics from two of my husband’s and my songs.
Song Lyric Picture Frame
- Printer and Paper
- Picture Frame
- Glue Dots
- Search for an outline of a tree and a red heart on the computer.
- Search for your song lyrics from your wedding or any song that you and your spouse love.
- Print the song lyrics, hearts, and the tree onto regular paper.
- You can also use special paper if you would like to.
- Cut out the tree pattern and place it over the song lyrics.
- Using a pen or pencil, trace the tree outline over the song lyrics.
- Cut out the tree-patterned song lyrics.
- Using the glue dots, stick the song lyrics tree to a piece of paper that will be backing in the picture frame.
- Stick the hearts under the tree, you can add twine for a cute touch.
- Write your initials on the hearts.
- If you are using a mat in your picture frame, make sure it won’t cover too much of your tree or the hearts.
- Put the frame together and hang your picture.
2nd Wedding Anniversary
The second year anniversary is cotton, at least that is the traditional material. There is so much you can do with this one, like decorate t-shirts together. Or buy new bedding to decorate your bedroom. Whatever you decide, be sure you have fun with it.
5th Wedding Anniversary
The fifth year of marriage was a fun one because creating the traditional wedding anniversary gifts out of wood was right up our alley. We both love working with wood and tools, so this was a perfect opportunity to create a memory box. This wood box is perfect for celebrating anniversaries through the years. The box also makes a great gift for someone without breaking the bank.
6th Wedding Anniversary
Who loves candy? Well, the 6th wedding anniversary modern gift is candy. I created a candy bouquet, which I thought was the perfect way to celebrate this anniversary. My husband loves candy, he agreed that that was a great way to celebrate.
Create a Candy Bouquet
- Your Favorite Candy In Boxes and Bars
- Glue Dots
- Tissue Paper
- Wood Skewers
- Clay Pot
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint – Green, and Whatever Color You Want To Paint The Pot
- Sponge Brush
- Scotch Tape
- Paint the clay pot with your choice of paint, you may want to paint 2 coats.
- Paint the wood skewers green.
- Using the glue dots, stick the skewers to the back side of the candy bars and boxes, and add scotch tape for reinforcement.
- Place a glue dot on the skewer at the bottom of the candy.
- Pull the tissue paper up the skewer and stick it to the glue dot, you may need more than one.
- Glue the styrofoam inside the clay pot with the glue gun.
- Stick the candy skewers into the styrofoam.
- Fill the top of the clay pot with green tissue paper.
10th Wedding Anniversary
Well here you are, the 10th anniversary is a big one. This is the one most brides want that beautiful diamond ring. I know, it is really a special anniversary. But I’m not a jewelry person, so this was a great opportunity for me to get a new computer. I mean, I think there might be some precious metal in a computer, right?
20th Wedding Anniversary
For our 20th anniversary, we took a trip down memory lane and headed to the San Antonio Zoo where we were married. Celebrating anniversaries through the years by visiting some of our favorite places had become a tradition by now. We also visited the restaurant where we had our wedding reception, The Magic Time Machine. It’s always fun to celebrate those milestone anniversaries by reminiscing about things, like where you had your first date, which also was the Magic Time Machine for us.
25th Wedding Anniversary
Our 25th anniversary was so much fun. Our son was in college, and we were empty nesters by this time. We decided it was finally time to head to Walt Disney World. By this time I had traveled around the United States a lot, but we had never had the chance to explore the Disney parks by ourselves. We did however go there for the first time with my aunt and uncle right after our 20th anniversary, which was a lot of fun. But we couldn’t wait to get back to theme parks and see the Disney characters. I mean the 25th anniversary was a big deal for a married couple. But if you don’t want to go there, be sure you do something amazing, it truly is one of those wedding anniversary milestones.
30th Wedding Anniversary
We had an amazing 30th wedding anniversary. It truly was a special day and weekend. We visited some of the places at the Zoo where we took pictures on our wedding day. The 30th is definitely one of those milestone wedding anniversaries. We stayed at a resort, ate amazing food, and enjoyed a wonderful spa day.
Celebrating Our 30th Wedding Anniversary
Check Out These Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas To Celebrate Your True Love