There is so much to be thankful for this year, my health, my family, my friends, my fur babies, and my ability to do what I love and create a business with what I do. These fun and easy Thanksgiving DIY Decor and Treats ideas are fun for everyone. Be sure to have fun this holiday season, it goes by quick.
Turkey Door Hanger
- Styrofoam Circle
- Americana Brown Acrylic Paint
- Americana Black Paint Pen
- Tulle in Orange, Brown and Yellow
- Red and Orange Fun Foam
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sponge Brush
- Styrofoam Balls, 1 Large and 2 Small
- Paint the large Styrofoam ball with the brown paint and let it dry for about an hour.
- Cut about 50, 3 inch wide strips of each color of tulle.
- Tie the orange tulle, doubled up, around the Styrofoam circle.
- Next tie the yellow and then the brown, tie one color of tulle strip at a time.
- After all the tulle is tied onto the Styrofoam circle, then trim the tulle to about 3″ tall.
- This will fluff the tulle up.
- Paint black dots onto the small Styrofoam balls and glue them to the turkey head.
- Cut a beak out of the orange fun foam, then a gobbler out of the red fun foam and glue them onto the turkey head.
- Tootsie Pops
- Burlap (need 4×4 squares)
- Orange Thin Ribbon
- Construction Paper (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green)
- Glue Dots
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- First, cut the burlap into 4×4 squares and wrap it around the Tootsie pop.
- Tie a bow with the orange ribbon to hold the burlap on.
- Cut feathers out of the construction paper, about 3 inches tall.
- Be sure to cut a circle about 1 inch around out of any color of paper.
- Using the glue dots, stick the feathers onto the paper circle and then glue the paper circle onto the back of the tootsie pop.
- Cut a beak out of orange and a gobbler red construction paper.
- Use the glue dots to stick the beak, wiggle eyes and gobbler onto the front of the tootsie pop.
Turkey Place Setting
- Used Corks
- Pipe Cleaners in Red, Orange, Yellow and Green
- Wiggle Eyes
- Construction Paper in Red and Orange
- Glue Dots
- Using your finger or a pencil, wrap the pipe cleaner around until it looks like a spring.
- Poke 4 holes into the top of the cork so that the pipe cleaners go in easier.
- Stick the pipe cleaners into the cork, this represents the feathers.
- Using the glue dots, stick the wiggle eyes to the front of the cork.
- Then cut a beak and gobbler out of the construction paper and glue them to the front of the cork.
- Cut a square out of the construction paper and using the paint marker, write a guests name on the paper for each guest.
- Be sure to make a cork turkey for each guest.
Pumpkin Pie Garland
This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving DIY decor and treats to create. I know, you can’t really eat it, but it does look yummy.
- Orange Felt
- Cream Felt
- White Pom Pom
- Hemp String or Twine
- Hot Glue Gun
- First cut 10 triangle about 3 – 4 inches tall out of the orange felt.
- Next, cut 1/2″ strips out of the cream colored felt.
- Place the twine on top of the orange triangle and place a bit of hot glue on top of that.
- Place the edge of the cream colored strip on the hot glue and place another dot of hot glue about a 1/2″ down.
- Fold the cream on top of that dot of glue, you are creating the crust of the pie.
- Do this until the strip is completely rippled on top of the pie.
- Lastly, glue the white pom pom in the middle of the pie, this is the whipped cream.
- You can make this garland as long as you need, just add more pies, keep them about 2 inches apart.