Wrapping Christmas gifts is sometimes just as expensive as the gift itself. But it doesn’t have to be. You can create these beautiful Christmas gift wrapping ideas that can also double as Christmas decorations.
Using Items From Around Your Home For Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
I love finding things around my house that I can use when I am getting creative. This goes for wrapping gifts as well. I will use paper bags, tissue paper, and even duct tape. You can do wonders with a paper plate and some paint too. I always recommend having those staple items on hand, you never know when you will need to get creative and have fun.
Paper Plate Christmas Fun
Using paper plates to wrap a Christmas gift is perfect, and inexpensive. This is a great way to wrap those gift cards and the gift can also be used to decorate the tree.
- 2 Paper Plates Per Gift – Size Depends On the Gift
- Tissue Paper
- Curly Ribbon
- Tape Or Glue Dots
- Place the gift inside one plate and tape or glue dot the second plate on top.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the plates, leaving excess tissue on each end.
- Tie each end of the tissue paper with a curly ribbon.
- You may need to tape or glue dot the tissue paper in the middle of the plate.
Burlap Christmas Decoration Gift
Burlap is so fun to decorate with, and a great way to wrap a Christmas Gift. Here are my two favorite ways to use burlap when wrapping a Christmas gift.
- Burlap Material
- Glue Gun
- Christmas Ribbon
- Christmas Picks
- Empty Can
Directions For Burlap Sack
- Cut the burlap into 4″ x 12″ strips for each gift you are wrapping.
- You can cut the burlap to whatever size you need for each gift, just leave 1 inch on each side for gluing.
- Fold the burlap strip in half lengthwise.
- Glue the sides of the burlap, leaving an opening at the top.
- Turn the glued burlap bag inside out so the excess sides are on the inside.
- Place the gift in the bag and tie it at the top with a Christmas ribbon.
- Stick a floral pick or a candy cane into the top of the bag for decoration.
Directions For Burlap Can
- Cut the burlap to the size of the outside of the empty can.
- Hot glue the burlap to the outside of the can.
- Place the gift card or small gift inside the can.
- Fill the can with Christmas floral picks.
- Tie a bow around the outside of the can with the Christmas ribbon.
Related – 10 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas
Hot Cocoa Gift Idea
One of my favorite things to drink in the wintertime is hot cocoa. And I love giving hot cocoa as a gift. This hot cocoa tower makes a great gift and can double as a Christmas decoration on your counter.
- 2 Tier Serving Tray
- Mason Jars In Various Sizes
- Caramel Drizzle
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Scrapbook Paper
- Christmas Ribbon
- Christmas Floral Picks
- Glue Dots
- Hot Cocoa
- Mini Marshmallows
- Candy Canes
- Various Sprinkles Like Crushed Peppermint
- Cut Scrapbook paper to cover the mason jars and assorted drizzle.
- Glue or tape the scrapbook paper to the outside of the mason jars and drizzle.
- Fill mason jars with marshmallows, hot cocoa, sprinkles, etc.
- Add ribbon to the outside of the mason jars and drizzle.
- Stack items onto the serving tray.
- Add Christmas picks to fill in the areas around the mason jars and other items.
- Use as a decoration and a hot cocoa bar. This is a great gift idea as well.
Related – DIY Hot Chocolate Bombs