Cooking with olive oil is healthy for you, and it is my favorite oil to cook with. Olive oil is great tasting, and it is perfect for salad dressings, sandwiches, and dipping vegetables and breads. The Flavor Your Life extra virgin olive oil campaign aims to educate North American consumers about authentic Extra Virgin Olive.
What Is Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
- It is made by pressing without heat or chemicals, known as first cold pressed, it’s the freshly pressed juice of olives.
- Peroxide value must be below 20 milliequivalents of oxygen/kilo of oil. Indicating the amount of oxidation or aging that’s occurred as a result of exposure to oxygen, light and heat.
- Acidity must be below 0.8% or virtually free of acidity. It has nothing to do with the pH or taste, but the % of oleic acid (fatty acid). Higher levels indicate improper production and rancidity.
- A panel of expert tasters trained by the International Oil Council test for taste defects. They also test for the presence of positive attributes of fruitiness, bitterness and spiciness. If the oil doesn’t have the signature fruity taste and harmonious balance it won’t pass as extra virgin.
Creating An Amazing Charcuterie Board
Charcuterie boards are very popular right now. My favorite item on any charcuterie board is always the dipping oil. One key to a great charcuterie board, is an amazing olive oil like the 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Le Stagioni d’ Italia.
About Le Stagioni d’ Italia
- Le Stagioni d’ Italia takes great pride in bringing authentic Italian foods from seed to shelf. Selecting seeds, harvesting crops, and packaging foods in their state-of-the-art production facilities in Northern Italy.
- Le Stagioni d’ Italia’s short, fully traceable supply chain is guaranteed sustainable. They take great care with processing creates exceptional taste.
- 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the first cold pressed olive oil from the first round of extraction, fresh, intact olives. It has not been heated during processing, so it retains its full nutritional value.
- Harvested in Italy, it is vegan, gluten free, and contains no additives or preservatives.
- It has a robust flavor of artichoke and almond. With a medium bitter and spicy aftertaste, as well as a green, ripe, fruity aroma with a leafy feel.
- 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil typically retails for $19.99 for a 500 mL bottle.
How Do European Extra Virgin Olive Oils Differ?
- The greatest impact on taste is the type of olive tree (cultivar), region (which affects climate and soil) and time of harvest. Europe offers a vast array of flavor profiles.
- Olives harvested early in the season, late August (varies by region), are under-ripe and produce oils that are greener, more bitter and pungent.
- Olives harvested at the end of the season, late November into December, are over-ripe and tend to taste mild and buttery.
Flavor Your Life Campain
The Flavor Your Life campaign aims to educate North American consumers about authentic Extra Virgin Olive. We are debunking misconceptions while empowering consumers. Sharing the delicious culinary culture that’s been growing for untold generations.
How To Cook With Flavor Your Life Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Experiment with different oils for different occasions.
- Use delicate oils for salad dressings or as a condiment over mild foods, like vegetables, fish, eggs or potatoes.
- Pair robust oils with hearty foods that can stand up to the intense flavor, like steak or spicy soup.
- With a high smoking point of 400°F extra virgin olive oil is suitable for cooking. It can enhance any dish by drizzling on as a finisher.
- Store oil in a dark cool pantry away from heat and light, which causes decay.
- 57°F is the best temperature for storing and beware not to store your oil next to the stove.
- To ensure freshness, consume oil within 6 months from opening.