Shamrockin St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
Five years ago I found out I was Irish, like a lot Irish, and I will be Shamrockin St. Patrick’s Day Traditions. All growing up I was always told I was Prussian, German and Russian with a touch of Indian and Scandinavian. The family hid the fact that we were very Irish, my maiden name is Miles, and John Miles came over with his family from Ireland in the late 1800’s.
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day means so much more to me now, it’s actually my heritage, which I have embraced and I am very intrigued with everything Irish now.
Create a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
My Favorite Cheese Treat
Cheese nachos are my favorite treat when hosting a party, with wine or without, it is very yummy.
- Dark Chocolate Squares
- Blue Cheese
Place the blue cheese on top of the chocolate square and poor honey over it.
Win Your Own Cheese Board
You could win this Bamboo cheese board with slide out drawer, 4 – stainless steel cutting and serving knives, and more!
ENTER HERE For The Cheese Board
Grandma’s St. Patrick’s Day Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Whipped Topping
- 1 Box of Thin Mints
- 2 Tablespoons of real butter
- Chocolate Syrup
- 9×13 glass dish
- Tin foil
- Gallon size storage bag
- First take your ice cream out of the freezer for 10 minutes so that it isn’t to hard to work with.
- Next, place one ream of Thin Mint cookies into the gallon storage bag and crush them as much as you can. Now melt the butter and mix it into the crushed cookies. Press the mixture into the bottom of the glass dish and flatten it, this is your crust.
- Scoop the ice cream on top of the crust and press it down flat as you can.
- Pour the chocolate syrup in lines around the top of the ice cream.
- Now place a layer of whipped cream on top of the ice cream.
- Do another layer of ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped topping.
- Finally, add another layer of chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream and place the other ream of cookies in a row on top of the cake. Place the cake back in the freezer for an hour and cut and enjoy.
St. Patrick’s Day Placemat
- Green glitter
- Poster board
- Americana Decou Page
- Sponge brush
- Cut a large 4 leaf clover out of the poster board.
- Working in sections, paint a small portion of the poster board with the Americana decou page, then pour the green glitter over it, covering it completely.
- Repeat this step until the clover is completely covered. Let it dry for 24 hours and decorate with white and green plates and napkins.
Centerpiece Treat Holder
- Clay pot (I used a 4” one)
- Americana acrylic paint – Black
- Americana Decou Page
- Green Glitter in different shades of green
- Sponge brush
- Card stock, white, and different shades of green
- Hot glue gun
- Dowel rods or wooden skewers
- Paper plates
- Glue dots
- Caramel filled chocolate candies
- First, paint the clay pot with the Americana acrylic black paint, you made need 2-3 coats, but be sure to let the paint dry in between coats.
- Next, cut 5 clovers out of the various colors of green card stock and set them aside. Now, cut the words, L U C K Y out of the white card stock and set them aside.
- Painting one clover at a time, cover the front side of the clover with the Americana decou page and pour the matching color of glitter on it, repeat this with all of the clovers and set them aside to dry.
- Glue the L U C K Y letters onto each clover with the glue dots and then glue the clover to the dowel rod, you can paint the dowel rod black or gold if you would like.
- You can also create a 6th glittered clover and glue it to the front of the clay pot.
- Fill the clay pot with chocolate candies and stick the clovers in order into the pot.
- This makes for a cute table center piece and a yummy treat.
The Life Of St. Patrick
March is the time to celebrate the life of St. Patrick, he is the patron saint of Ireland who helped introduce Ireland to Christianity and my ancestors were Irish Catholic. I am pretty grateful to my neighbors who came up from Chicago every weekend, they were Catholic and took me to church every Sunday, they were also Irish.
How Do You Rock Your Green
How do you rock your green! Do you making a green inspired feast for St. Patrick’s Day? Maybe you sport your best green outfit, or spend time breaking Soda Bread with friends. I would love to hear how you celebrate
About CATHOLIC CENTRAL
You have questions about the Catholic faith and what it means to be Catholic. We have answers. Using a team of witty writers, appealing hosts, and even some learned theologians, we’ve created shareable, snackable videos that teach the timeless truths and deep history of the Church with humor and heart. Produced in the Family Theater Productions studios on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, CATHOLIC CENTRAL entertains, enlightens and inspires.
For more on Catholic Central Visit them at: http://www.catholiccentral.com
Check out their YouTube Channel: