When I was asked to create some spooktacular DIY Halloween cocktails that look like potions, I couldn’t wait to create them. The great thing about these is that all of them can be made as “Mocktails” or “Cocktails. All of these cocktails are a take on “Harry Potter” type potions. I have changed them up a bit, and they are amazing.
“Gillywater” Moscow Mule
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 – 3 Sprigs of Mint
- 1 Lime
- Sparkling Water
- 1 oz Vodka For Adult Cocktail
- Make thin slices lengthwise of the cucumber, use a peeler for better results.
- Cut a few good sprigs of mint, mash 2 – 3 leaves into the bottom of the glass, and keep the rest for garnish.
- Zest the lime into the bottom of the glass.
- Add the cucumber and ice to the glass.
- For the adult cocktail, add vodka.
- Fill the glass with sparkling water, and add a flavored one for a great taste.
“Polyjuice” Lime Cocktail
This can be made individually or as a punch. This is the individual portion recipe. The trick to this potion is it helps you turn into another person…
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka (For Adult Version Only)
- 2 Scoops of Lime Sherbert
- Splash of Vanilla (optional)
- 3 – 4 Dashes of Bitters
- Lemon Lime Soda
- Dry Ice
- Place the sherbert in a tall glass.
- Add the vodka, bitters, and vanilla.
- Top it off with lemon-lime soda.
- Add dry ice at the end for a spooky look.
The trick to Unicorn Blood is it helps extend your life.
Raspberry Puree (See How To Below)
- 8 oz Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- Water As Needed
To Make Cocktail
- 1 Oz Peach Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Raspberry Puree
- Edible Shimmer
Instructions For Puree:
- To puree the raspberry, smoosh the raspberries into a strainer.
- Add the powdered sugar and then add water as needed to thin it out.
- Keep it in the refrigerator until needed.
To Make the Cocktail
- Add the raspberry juice to the bottom of a martini glass.
- Gently add the dry ice.
- Poor the edible shimmer into the vodka.
- Add the vodka mixture to the glass.
- 1 Cup Lemon Lime Soda
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz Blue Curacuo
- Blue Edible Sparkle Dust
- Dry Ice
- Add All ingredients into a punch bowl.
- Add the sparkles at the end to make smoke rings.