Add A Little DIY To Your Backyard
Hire A Pro For The Hard Things
Planting Flowers Or Vegetables
- Treated fence picket or 1”x 3 ½” x 6’ piece of wood
- Small 1” or 1 ½” long particle board screws
- Impact Driver or Drill
- Small drill bit
- Small Phillips head drill tip
- Miracle Grow soil
- Flowers of your choice
- Measuring tape
- If you don’t have a saw to cut the wood yourself, you can head over to Lowe’s and they will cut it for free, or a minimal cost, if you buy the wood from them.
- Each fence picket or piece of wood ranges from $1.48 – $3.00, this is a very in-expensive project.
- While you are at Lowe’s you can pick up the Miracle Grow soil and the pretty flowers.
- The measurements that I used for my flower box are 22” long sides and bottom and the ends are 3 1/2” x 2 7/8”.
- Place the 3 long pieces of wood together and place the small pieces of wood at each end, this is how you will be putting it together.
- Using the impact drill, drill a hole into each end of the wood where it will go into the bottom piece of the wood.
- Then place a screw in the hole and using the Phillips head bit, screw it into the wood.
- Do this step at the top of each end of a long board and to the end pieces.
- Once your flower box is built, fill it with soil and place your flowers into it.
- Be sure to follow the instructions on your flowers so you can enjoy them year around.
How I Got Addicted To Gardening
I am actually gowning vegetables in my backyard. If you know me at all, I usually kill everything I try to grow, and Mother Nature was really working against me. Between a huge hail storm and over 100 degree temperatures, I really didn’t think I would grow anything. But I did, and I created my first meal with some of the vegetables I grew.