Top 5 Game of Thrones Party Ideas
Game of Thrones has been a big part of a lot of family’s Sunday nights. Now the end of an era is near and everyone wants to celebrate. You don’t have to break the bank to have a great party for the series finale. Here are my top 5 Game of Thrones party ideas. Be sure to catch all the action on HBO.
It’s All About The Cocktails
You have to have a great party drink, so here are my top 2 party cocktail ideas.
Dragon Jello Shots
- 1 Pkg lime Jello, 3 oz
- 1 1/4 Cup of giner ale
- 1/2 Cup of vodka
- Green sugar sprinkles
- Small plastic containers with lids
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil.
- Poor green jello into a bowl and add boiling water.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Add vodka and remaining ginger ale.
- Place mixture in small jello shot containers.
- Place in refrigerator until hardened, overnight is best.
- Sprinkle green sugar on top before serving.
Fun and Easy Game of Thrones Party Food
The food is just as important as the cocktails, so here are my 2 easy to create party snack ideas.
You can make these from scratch, but why would you when you can just go grab something out of the freezer at the grocery store. Don’t stress about the food, make it easy and fun. I just purchased some pot pies in the freezer section, open bake and enjoy.
Dragon Deviled Eggs
- 1 Dozen eggs
- Food coloring – green, red, and blue
- Kitchen gloves (rubber gloves)
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 – 2 Teaspoons Mustard
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 Teaspoon BBQ sauce
- 3 Small dill pickles
- Sprinkle Paprika
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, be sure to save the container they came in.
- After they are done, place them in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Crack the shells, but don’t peal them.
- Doing each egg individually, squeeze food coloring all over the egg, be sure to get some inside the cracks.
- Place the eggs back in the container and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Place the yokes in a bowl and the whites on a plate.
- Add mayonnaise, miracle whip, BBQ sauce, vinegar, and mustard to yokes.
- Cut the pickles into small pieces and add them to the mix.
- Mix until creamy, you may need to add more mayonnaise if it’s to lumpy.
- You can scoop the mixture into each egg half, or place in a bag, cut off the tip and squeeze the filling in.
- Eat and enjoy.
Party Decoration Time For Game of Thrones Party
You don’t have to be a crafting genius to create a great party. These are not only easy to create but a lot of fun to create. You should have most of the items around your house already.
Game of Thrones Cupcakes
This is another fun and easy treat. I used a box chocolate cake mix and followed the instructions to make cupcakes.
I used a store bought frosting for the top of the cupcake.
Create The Throne Cupcakes
- Card Stock
- Cut the card stock to look like a throne.
- Cover it with the tinfoil, no need to glue it.
- Place it in the frosting.
Chandelier For Your Table
- 6 Toilet paper rolls
- Americana black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Hot glue gun
- Yellow or orange tissue paper
- Battery operated tea light candles
- Large piece of card board
- Black Card Stock
- Paint the 6 toilet paper rolls with the black paint, and set aside.
- You should only need one coat of paint, and no need to paint the inside.
- Trace and cut a large circle, about 18″ x 18″ out of the cardboard.
- Cut a circle out of the middle of the cardboard circle, leaving about a 2″ rim.
- Paint the circle with the black paint.
- Cut the card stock into strips 1 1/2″ wide.
- Make 3 chain links out of the card stock strips, each should be 8 loops long.
- Staple the loop at the top of the card stock strip and add another strip and staple together.
- Hot glue the 6 toilet paper rolls to the top of the card board ring, about 2 inches apart, evenly spaced.
- Next hot glue the 3 individual chain links to the cardboard ring, in between the every two toilet paper rolls.
- Connect the chain links at the top with another card stock strip.
- Add a square of the tissue paper to the top of each toilet paper roll, and place the tea light candle inside of it.
Don’t Forget The Invitation
Invitations can be fun, but don’t stress about them. Just put who, what, when, where, why, how on a piece of paper to let everyone know what is going on. Add a dragon or crow to each invitation, and send them out.
A Costume Can Be Fun
I decided to go as Sansa Stark because I already had everything I needed at home. Again, don’t spend a fortune on your party. Use what you have at home and have a great party.