Have you gotten your special Valentine a heart felt gift yet? You don’t have to break the bank to let your Valentine Sweetie know how much you love them. My first Valentine’s Day gift from my husband was a single rose and a bag of M&M’s, he knows what I like. Below are some easy to create Valentine’s Day gift ideas that anyone can make.
Valentine’s Day Heart Candy Bags
These cute little handmade gift bags are perfect for this year to give Valentine’s Day treats. Classmates, loved ones, neighbors, or anyone that you want to share a little love with. I bought them on Amazon, and painted them with a new fabric paint by Deco Art.
- Mini Canvas Bags
- Cardboard Squares
- DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Acrylic Paint – Red, Pink, Green, and Purple
- Small Paint Brushes
- Cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the bag to protect it while you paint.
- Using the backside of the paint brush, draw out a heart in dots with all the paint colors.
- You can also paint a heart with brush strokes.
- Get creative and have fun with this craft.
- Take the cardboard piece out about an hour after you paint the design.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Fill the decorated bag with your favorite candy.
Homemade Chocolate Candies
I love chocolate, I mean who doesn’t? One thing I love just as much as chocolate is jelly beans, or any kind of candy that tastes and looks like jelly beans. So why not combine my two favorite things into one treat.
- Ghiradeli Chocolate Chips
- Starburst Valentine’s Heart Candies
- Candy Sprinkles
- Valentine’s Heart Candy Mold
- Melting Pot
- Melt the chocolate chips in the melting pot.
- Place a candy heart in each heart mold.
- Put enough candy sprinkles in the heart mold to fill the bottom.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it in each heart.
- Don’t shake or tap the chocolate, just put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Pull the chocolates out of the mold and enjoy.
Chocolate Espresso Martini
This cocktail has two of my favorite things, ok three of my favorite things in it. Chocolate, vodka, and espresso. It’s the perfect cocktail for a Valentine’s Day gift idea. You could put the items in a basket, or create the cocktail for your sweetie to enjoy with dessert.
- 2 oz Enchanted Rock Vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 Teaspoon Hills Bros Cappuccino Powder
- 2 oz Milk Or Heavy Whipping Cream
- Martini Shaker
- Chocolate Syrup
- Dip the rim of the glass in chocolate syrup.
- Add candy sprinkles to the rim of the glass.
- Mix vodka, kahlua, milk, and ice in a martini shaker.
- Pour the drink mix in the martini glass and sprinkle the powdered espresso on top of the drink.