Crafting Your Grad’ Cap!
A Modern-Day Tradition To Stand Out At Graduation
The first graduation ceremonies dated back to the 12th and 13th centuries and instilled a strong sense of unity and dignity. It could be the reasons for the overall pomp and circumstance, the all-black caps and gowns, or the more recent attempt to ban graduation selfies. Whatever the reasons, traditional ceremonies have left little room for individual expression or creativity – until now. Crafting Your Grad’ Cap! A Modern-Day Tradition To Stand Out At Graduation is a fun and easy way to share your accomplishments.
Cap Hair, Don’t Care
Let’s talk about the most attention-grabbing graduation accessory to date – the cap. Today, the cap is taking on a bigger role in graduation ceremonies than moving the tassel from right to left or being thrown in the air as a symbolic gesture of leaving college behind and celebrating the future.
Students are accessorizing, or straight up blinging out, graduation caps using everything from Legos, to crystals, to GoPros. It has become a modern day tradition and the students’ way of standing out in the sea of monochromatic caps, leaving sweet messages to their families and friends, or showing school pride. That’s why My Education Solutions (MES) is partnering with me, Adeina Anderson, your craft expert, to give some creative graduation cap design inspo’ with an easy and affordable DIY tutorial.
Celebrate Your Graduation With Style
Graduation, it’s a time for reflecting and celebration. And it’s a time to think about what college will you attend, you can graduate with style and freedom. Share your goals and celebrate your graduation with style, create a DIY Decorated Cap.
Graduate And Take The Right Path
What path will you take? What college will you go to? Showing your decision on your graduation cap has been a staple in graduation ceremonies for years. You can create a fun and easy DIY graduation cap to share your thoughts, decisions or just something you love at this moment.
Create The Perfect Graduation Cap
Here are a few ideas to create the perfect graduation cap so you can graduate with style and freedom. Be sure to get creative and have fun with it. This is your showcase for your future.
Flower and Fun Cap
- Graduation cap
- Hot glue gun
- Flowers of your choice
- Sticker letters
- Cut out the sticker letters for the quote on your cap.
- Pull the flowers off of the stem.
- Cut any excess plastic on the bottom of the flower.
- Place the stickers in place how you want them on the cap.
- Hot glue the flowers to the top of the cap.
- Stick the sticker letters to the hat.
- Graduation cap
- White card stock
- Glue dots
- Thick sticker letters
- White paint marker
- A way to print color onto the white card stock.
- Copy and print 8 balloons in each color, red, blue, purple, yellow, green, and orange onto the white card stock.
- Cut the balloons out.
- Using the glue dots, stick the balloons to the cap.
- Cut out the stickers for your quote.
- Place the sticker letters on the cap.
- Draw a string with the paint marker from the balloons to a sticker or box on the cap.
Quotes and Gems Cap
- Small crystal gems
- Quoted scrapbook paper
- Glue dots
- Cut and glue the quoted scrapbook paper to the top of the cap.
- Using the glue dots, glue the gems around the outside of the cap.
Did You Know?
- Oxford and Cambridge Universities were the first to employ a “no excessive apparel” dress code as a way to represent unity. And so, the traditional graduation garb was born.
- The first versions of the robes and hoods worn were most likely modeled after the clothes donned by members of the clergy, who were also scholars and highly influential.
- The cap, which evolved from a hood, is called a mortarboard. While the origins of the square shape of the cap are unclear, many believe it represents the shape of a book or the quad at Oxford.
But not all of the newer graduation traditions are as fun. Shortly after walking the stage, many graduates will face a mountain of student loan debt and their first monthly payment. As reality sets in, the stars in your eyes and hope for the future don’t have to
MES is here to break from tradition and take the stress of student debt away. MES works with recent graduates in a variety of ways:
- Free resources. MES offers FREE consulting and materials to student loan borrowers, soon-to-be grads’, and recent graduates to help prepare for the repayment process, as well as tools to start saving now.
- A guide through your loan. MES will walk you through your loan details to determine what you owe when your first payment is due, and more. All at no cost to you – no surprises, no obligations.
- True student loan forgiveness. MES can help you navigate the path to true student loan forgiveness to help you significantly lower your monthly payment. On average, a student loan debt borrower may pay $1,126 a month and end up reducing that payment to as little as $140 a month after working with our MES team.
Contact an MES representative at 1-800-618-1170 or visit
www.myeducationsolutions.com to discuss the no-risk program and how you can begin
to save hundreds on your monthly payment.
As a special offer please use Promo Code AdeinaAnderson7 to receive $50 off the one-time enrollment fee.