Do you ever just want a little crunch in your cookie? I don’t mean the crunch you get from over cooking the cookie. I mean a little crunch inside the softest yummiest cookie you will ever try. This amazing krispy sugar cookie is so easy to make, but it is hands down one of my favorite cookies of all time.
Make This Cookie Healthy
I created this cookie with my go-to regular sugar cookie mixture, but you can certainly make it gluten free with Bobs Red Mill gluten free flour. Or sugar free with our favorite sugar substitute, I like Purecane zero calorie sugar.
Don’t Forget The Crunch
This amazing krispy sugar cookie has two sources for the yummy crunch. I add rice krispies and M&M’s. That’s right, the candy coating on the M&M’s adds to the yummy chocolate taste. And the rice krispies make for the best crunch in a cookie you will ever have.
How To Make This Amazing Sugar Cookie
Do you have a favorite sugar cookie recipe? If not, read below for my go to sugar cookie recipe.
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Softened)
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 Large Bag of M&M’s (10 oz or more)
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Add the softened butter to a standing mixer and place it on a low spin.
- Pour the 2 sugars in slowly and mix until it is creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly spoon the dry mixture into the wet mixture while the mixer is on low spin.
- Very carefully add the rice krispy cereal and the M&M’s.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon a tablespoon of mixture onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown, but soft in the center.
- Let cool for one minute and place on a paper towel to cool.
This cookie is best served with my favorite Organic Valley Whole Milk