When the weather starts getting colder I start creating stews and soups. But as busy as I am, I don’t want to spend all day cooking it. The Insta Pot came into my life a few months ago, and I have made a few things in it that have all turned out amazing. So why not a beef stew. It was the best Insta Pot beef stew I have ever had, heck it was the best beef stew I ever had.
I Hate Touching Raw Meat
Everyone that knows me, knows I hate touching raw meat. Like I despise it to the core of my being. So with amazing tools from Pampered Chef and other companies, I have created ways to not touch raw meat. After I cut the meat, I added it to a zipper bag that had flour and a bunch of seasonings in it.
Creating The Best Insta Pot Beef Stew
Beef stew is my husbands favorite kind of stew or soup, so I love making it as much as possible. Again, I hate being in the kitchen for a long period of time, so the Insta Pot really has been the answer to my kitchen prayers.
- 1 – 2 Pounds of Beef (I used a thin sliced beef stew meat)
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Better Then Beef Bouillon
- 1/4 Cup of Red Wine (optional)
- Seasonings To Taste
- Seasonal Salt
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Salt
- 3 – 5 Carrots – Sliced and Chopped
- 6 – 10 Red Potatoes – Sliced and Chopped
- 4 Celery Stalks – Slices and Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- Chop the potatoes, carrots, and celery into small chunks.
- Cut the beef to 1″ squares.
- Put the flour and all the seasonings into a zipper bag.
- Place the meat into the zipper bag and shake it up until the meat is completely covered.
- Pour the olive oil into the Insta Pot and turn it on Sauté.
- Sauté the meat until brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the Insta Pot.
- Add the beef broth, red wine, and beef bouillon.
- Carefully add the potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Turn the Insta Pot on manual pressure for 35 minutes.
- Close the lid and lock it.
- Allow it to pressure release on it’s own for 12 minutes.
- Open the cover and pull out around a 1/2 cup of the broth.
- Add the broth to the corn starch and add it back into the stew.
- Stir until it thickens.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy The Best Insta Pot Beef Stew
This amazing stew is best enjoyed with some biscuits or rolls. I’m still on the search for the best roll for soup and stew.